The Knutsford Fund has been created by a number of corporate and private donors wishing to support charitable project activity in Knutsford and the surrounding rural area. For the 2021 round we have £100,000 of funding available for projects meeting the priorities of the programme.
The geography of the fund will cover projects supporting beneficiaries in the four Knutsford wards of Nether, Norbury Booths, Over and Bexton and extend to the rural areas surrounding Knutsford town – including Tabley, Lower Peover, Tatton, Ollerton and Chelford where people rely on services delivered in Knutsford.
- To improve mental health and wellbeing – particularly at an early intervention stage
- To tackle poverty and disadvantage for people of all ages
- To build stronger communities
- To increase education skills and employment opportunities
- Disadvantaged and vulnerable people affected by the covid-19 outbreak
- Lonely isolated older men
- New Mums
- Young people
- Carers (of all ages)
- The geography of the fund will cover projects supporting beneficiaries in the four Knutsford wards of Nether, Norbury Booths, Over and Bexton and extend to the rural areas surrounding Knutsford town – including Tabley, Lower Peover, Tatton, Ollerton and Chelford where people rely on services delivered in Knutsford. Please do contact us if you are unsure if your project and beneficiairy support fits with The Knutsford Fund.
Who Can Apply
Both charities and social enterprises in Knutsford can apply (see above for exact geography).
Groups who received funding at the 2020 Panel for this programme, are able to apply to continue or develop an existing project, provided that you are able to demonstrate positive measurable outcomes in your End of Grant Report for the previous grant – and a continuing need for the activities, together with embedding learning from the previous project into the new project.
Note: If your project’s total project costs are for more than £10,000, we will require evidence of match funding being in place in readiness for the start date for the project.
Grants of between £2,000 and £10,000 are available over one year or less. (There is a bi-monthly small grants programme for Knutsford for grants up to £2000).
How to apply
Go to the ‘Am I Eligible’ page of our website to find out whether your organisation is able to apply for a CCF grant. When you have confirmed your eligibility, click on the Apply Now button below. The Grant Making Principles and Knutsford Fund Criteria are there to help you prepare your application.
We plan to hold a grants panel in the first week of December 2021 and so please ensure that your project does not start before mid-December at the earliest.
The deadline for applications is midnight on 3rd October 2021
- We aim to provide an outcome of your application shortly after the December Panel meeting