As part of a UK wide initiative, Cheshire Community Foundation is delivering this grants programme on behalf of Made by Sport to support and save clubs (meeting the criteria below) based in Cheshire and Warrington from closure – and to get them back on their feet, following the pandemic.
It is anticipated that some organisations will require urgent funding for financial reasons and that others will need funding to adapt their offer in some way, to ensure that they can resume operations in a COVID-safe environment.
Who Can Apply (this is a brief summary – please also refer to the Programme Criteria and FAQs for full details)
Clubs or organisations which intentionally use sport to deliver wider social outcomes. The organisations we are looking for operate mostly in disadvantaged communities, often working
collaboratively with other partners to meet local need, and may offer cross-sector activities.
Specifically, we will fund clubs and organisations which can demonstrate that they are using sport to
work towards one or more of the programme outcomes outlined in the Programme Criteria and FAQs for Applicants.
In addition the following eligibility criteria will apply
- Organisations must be able to demonstrate that the pandemic has adversely affected them, either operationally or financially, and which require funding to save, resume or adapt their activity.
- Organisations with an annual turnover of up to £75,000 with the following priorities:
- Priority 1 – Up to £25,000
- Priority 2 – Up to £50,000
- Priority 3 – Up to £75,000
- Pririty 4 – with effect from 2/9/2021 a small amount of funding is available for organisations with incomes above £75k – please check with CCF before applying if this is still available
- Organisations promoting sport primarily for young people ages 5 – 25.
- The requirement for minimum 90% of organisation members to be 5-25 years old does not apply to the whole organisation, however, the relevant club or project WITHIN the organisation should have a majority youth focus.
Grants of between £1 and £2,021 are available to be spent by the end of October 2021.
How to apply
When you have confirmed your eligibility (referring to the FAQ for Applicants Programme Criteria) click on the Apply Now button below.
Programme to run until funds are fully spent – you are advised to apply early
- The programme aims to support the following outcomes:-
- Increasd Access to Bereavement Support
- Improving Mental Health
- Reducing Crime and Anti-Social Behaviour
- Developing Employability Skills
- Building Stronger Communities